Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad

Happy Birthday Papa..Love You Forever..
7th September


Cigars were said to have been passed around proudly upon hearing my first cry,
"My darling princess, never you fear, for daddy would always be there" was his unworded promise...
Yes,I knew how a princess would feel, for I was the prettiest one in this whole world for him,
Pampered and spoilt, all my whims and fancies were met without qualms,
I was the one who put a twinkle in his eye, inheriting his addiction to fiction and coffee,
Alongwith a staunch belief that I’m cut from the same tough cloth...
“Ur an army kid, so don't ever back down without a fight” he taught me,
I can still feel the warmth from the firm grasp of my hand in his, giving me the spirit to stand undefeated,
Made me strong to face life even after he left me,
For in his battle for life, I found my strength,
Never bow down your head in despair, is what makes me my Father's daughter...
Love is a small word to say what I feel for him,
For I am Him and He exists through me...
Each time I'm about to raise my hands in surrender, I feel his hand caressing my hair,
Calming me down, pushing me to step into the battlefield with guns ablazin'..
So far, yet so near I feel you each moment,
Alone and scared whenever I feel, I know you are here,
All these years and I still wish to be,
The perfect daughter you always said I had been,
For I had you to teach me to find perfection even in flaws,
I'm proud of being me, my Daddy's darling daughter...

5 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest thoughts I've read in a while...

    Way to go girl.... Am so proud of you......

    Happy Birthday, Uncle...

    Cheers,
    Nachi

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully written...totally enjoyed..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its beautiful babes! I can perfectly relate to this. Specially loved the lines - "Love is a small word to say what I feel for him,
    For I am Him and He exists through me...
    ".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! You have penned down your feelings so beautifully....May God shower upon you his choicest blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every Word, every line is just sooooo very beautiful and full of depth!!

    This is your bestest piece of writing till date!!

    Proud of you:)
    Lots of luv :)

    ReplyDelete