Saturday, September 10, 2011

An Enigma I Called Mum...



Cradled safely in the haven of your womb,
Protected from any harm that could have come...
My wails turned into smiles when you held me tightly in your arms,
My first wobbly foot prints on this earth had yours firmly next to mine...
Each tear rolling down my cheeks wiped away with warm kisses of love,
Skinned knees & broken hearts tended with bandages of adoring hands...
Tantrums for my inane demands fizzled down with hugs I can still feel,
Your undying spirit always leaves me mystified, for you never gave up fighting for what’s right,
Never did you once think for yourself or “what’s mine”,
Every breath you took spoke of sacrifice...
I fought with you, cried in your arms, but life's taken away that right of mine,
It’s hard to act like a grown up but then I do as you might,
Each action of mine still awaits your reactions of aghast or delight...
Every gesture, every expression of yours screamed grace beyond compare,
When others say "You look so like your mother", my heart’s tears turn into smiles,
For I know you would always reflect through me, as I am just an echo of you, Mum..
Miss you each moment though I feel your presence around me at all times,
Your  voice guides me down this treacherous path called life,
This enigma I called Mum would always exist until my footprints mark the sands of time...


                                                                                     -- Radhika Arora

4 comments:

  1. This is such a touching post...... Have no words to express how lovely this post is.... touching....
    Love it... :)

    Always there for you.....
    Nachi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rads..this post is worth a thousand words..and all heart touching...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx darlings...love u guys!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Radhika, the only thing i can say after reading this and only thing i would wish is....GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS, YOU ARE IN GOD's CARE AND HE IS ALWAYS THERE TO PROTECT YOU FROM ANY EVEIL......Yur mother is a symbol of poise and serenity...Keep smiling always as she is watching you every moment and wants you to be happy always

    ReplyDelete